Jim Baker, President of Sales Training America and Baker Communications
James A. Baker is a long-time resident of Houston, Texas. He received his B.S. from the University of Rochester, a 30-hour Certificate in Behavioral Science from Rochester Institute of Technology, his M.S. from the State University of New York, and attended the South Texas College of Law. Jim is a co-founder of the National Center for Dispute Settlement of the American Arbitration Association, a past instructor for the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University and an Adjunct Professor for the University of Houston. Jim remains an active sponsor, author, and senior management and sales consultant.
Past and Present Board Memberships, Commissions, and Honors:
- Chairman and President of Baker Communications and Sales Training America, Inc.
- Baker Communications was an INC 500 company for three consecutive years
- Greater Houston Partnership Board of Directors 1996 - present
- Industria Solutions Inc. Business-2-Business E-commerce President 1999 2001
- Dupont Corporation Senior Consultant 1998 present
- Bradmark Technologies Inc. Board of Directors 1998 - present
- Governor Rick Perrys Business Council 2001 - present
- Founding Board Member Houston Drug Free Business Initiative
- Board Member South Texas College of Law Board of Visitors
- Member Executive Committee of the Office for the Prevention of Developmental Disabilities (appointed by the Governor of Texas)
- Member Statewide Media Task Force on Dropout Prevention (appointed by the Governor of Texas)
- Harris County Co-Chairman George W. Bush for Governor Campaign 1994
- Board of Directors Corp. for Economic Development of Harris County, Inc.
- Elected Alderman City Council of Piney Point Village (1992, reelected 1994)
- Deputy Police Commissioner Assistant Deputy Commissioner City of Piney Point Village Police
- Member "C Club" 100-member conservative political alliance (Democrats, Republicans, and Independents)
- Board of Directors Cenikor Drug Rehabilitation Center
- Member American Arbitration Association
- Board of Directors Houston Symphony
- Lifetime Member Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
James A. Baker 713-627-7700